Sense of humour required

Orsonkartt

Aug 6, 2023
I’ve recently had the luxury of a few hours each week of professional companionship for my wife who suffers with Alzheimer’s

Today after settling the carer in with my wife while she watches telly I popped out to do some work

An hour later and a very distressed carer calls saying that my wife had gone out and locked the door behind her trapping the carer in the house

It took me 15 mins to get back - around the same time as my wife who had been to the train station . She said she wanted to see if my sister was on a train. Later the story changed to looking for her kindergarten friend who is somewhat of an obsession

No harm done except for a panicked carer !

sapphire turner

Jan 14, 2022
These walkabouts are very stressful for all concerned! My husband dodged out of the house and hid behind a nearby tree, after taking his AirTag off. Sometimes I think they deliberately want to go dark. Not sure why, attention seeking? Punishment?

Orsonkartt

Aug 6, 2023
Today I think as much as anything my wife was getting away from the carer. - not that there was anything wrong with this lady. Just not the perfect flavour of the hour / day / minute