Rudeness tantrums

Donk1

Mar 26, 2022
I do not post often But I read posts regularly and it makes me realise how most of you have it much worse than I do. But I am feeling angry. We have run an equine sanctuary in Crete where we live since 2006. Although we do not have so many animals now I decided that I needed volunteer help (and company). Everything was going fine until the last month when my OH has been so rude to our lovely volunteer….he either ignores her completely or today when she was talking to visitors he just walked off saying ‘blah blah f…ing blah’ in a loud voice. Bless her, she is so good about it but I fear that others will not be so understanding. When I think back this silence and rudeness started many years ago but he definitely was not like this when we got together. I find it so upsetting and actually hard to believe that he does not know what he is doing.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Donk1
I remember your posts about your equine sanctuary :)

Im sorry your husband is being rude to your volunteer, but Im glad that she is being accepting about it.

Im afraid that rudeness is par for the course with dementia and, no, I think that most of the time they have no idea that they are being rude. Unfortunately, they lose empathy and can only see things from their own viewpoint, so are totally unable to see that things that they say sound rude to other people. I remember being out with OH and hissing quietly at him that he was being rude. I was so embarrassed, but he just looked at me in amazement with zero comprehension of what was wrong.

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
I do not post often But I read posts regularly and it makes me realise how most of you have it much worse than I do. But I am feeling angry. We have run an equine sanctuary in Crete where we live since 2006. Although we do not have so many animals now I decided that I needed volunteer help (and company). Everything was going fine until the last month when my OH has been so rude to our lovely volunteer….he either ignores her completely or today when she was talking to visitors he just walked off saying ‘blah blah f…ing blah’ in a loud voice. Bless her, she is so good about it but I fear that others will not be so understanding. When I think back this silence and rudeness started many years ago but he definitely was not like this when we got together. I find it so upsetting and actually hard to believe that he does not know what he is doing.
Hello Donk1 may I ask where your equine sanctuary is located. Crete is an island I love (I lived there for a while many years ago), and visit as often as I can. In just over 3 weeks I will be back there again ( if I can get care and support for OH securely in place in time)!

Donk1

Mar 26, 2022
Hello Donk1 may I ask where your equine sanctuary is located. Crete is an island I love (I lived there for a while many years ago), and visit as often as I can. In just over 3 weeks I will be back there again ( if I can get care and support for OH securely in place in time)!
Hello…we are in the mountains above Ierapetra…where are you going? Would love to see you…,woukdn’t thatbe great

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
I will be staying in Agios Nikolaos. Yes, it would be so good to meet up. Not sure how to send you a private message on here.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
To send a private message click on the envelope icon next to your name and then 'start a new conversation'. Type in the name of who you want to send a message to and take it from there.