Revoking an attorney of an lpa

Joe joe

Hi, me and my sister are going through a situation at the moment where our other sister is accusingbus of syraling from our father, she has raised an issue with the opg, and we have been told today from social services safeguarding team that she has managed to get my dad to sign a form revoking me and my sister as lpa's, she says he hasn't got capacity to look after his own money, surely this means he hasn't got capacity to sign a legal document, is this illegal or just wrong, thanks in advance for any advice, it is greatly appreciated.

Jessbow

Depends how much he understands.

Does your sister have anhing to back up her allegations?

How come social services are involved/telling you?

Joe joe

My sister has got social services safeguarding involved, I am assuming because it has gone to the opg, she has nothing just what she thinks is happening, he does have alzheimers and dementia, and can make decisions but can't retain the information of the decisions he has made

nitram

Write to/email the OPG, explain that she is falsely accusing the two of you of stealing from your father and you believe she may have coerced him into removing both of you as attorneys whilst he lacked capacity.

Also say you believe she has complained about the theft to the OPG who have requested a copy of your father's will and ask why this is needed.

Joe joe

Thank you very much, I rang them yesterday and the gave me the email address and what information they needed so I have done that, hopefully get some answers soon