Rest in Peace dear lovely Dad

workerbee

Jul 16, 2011
Hello everyone
I am very sad to say that my Dad passed away peacefully recently. My family and I miss him a great deal. We are thankful that he lived a very active life till just a few days before his passing and slipped away with me at his side.
I wanted to say how very grateful I am for the support I have received from members of TP - you have been wonderful.
It feels incredibly strange to be an 'orphan' now, but I take comfort that he and mum are now reunited.
Thankyou all.
workerbee:(

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Dear Workerbee, I am so sorry to read that your dad has passed away. Please accept my condolences xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Sorry to hear your sad news workerbee I recently become an orphan thinking of you love larivy

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Workerbee,

I am sorry to hear your sad news about your dad.

My thoughts are with you, your dad and your family xxx

Coletta

Jan 6, 2009
Souh East Essex
So sorry to read of your sad loss Workerbee and sending my condolences.
There have been several others on TP who also recently lost a loved one, myself included. Wishing you strength for the days ahead.

Coletta xx

workerbee

Jul 16, 2011
Feeling very sad today, wishing Dad was back here with us

Hello all and thank you so very much to everyone who has sent me their condolences.

Today I registered my father's death. It was okay in as far as these things are okay. Then I completed a whole lot of other jobs from my checklist. I was doing alright until this evening, and now I cannot stop crying. I want my Dad back. I want to say the things maybe I never said, and do the things that maybe I never did. I am going round and round in circles in my mind. Will this pain ever be over?

My brother also has announced that he will not be coming to the funeral tea. How mean is that. I shall have to 'host' all by myself. I have been very brave so far, but now I just want to curl up and the world to leave me alone.

Thank you all for any words of comfort or advice that you may give me.

very lonely workerbee xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You were there with him and that says more than all of the words you are regretting never saying. Please go easy on yourself. It is sad that your brother won't make it to the funeral tea - maybe it is better that he told you in advance though?

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Workerbee,

It sounds as though you did a great deal for your dad when he lived with you, and you were able to enjoy his company - and no doubt gave him much love and security when he needed it most. There aren't words for that kind of love - they weren't needed - so don't regret the unsaid, your actions spoke volumes.

I'm not surprised you are missing him terribly - it does leave a big gap in your everyday life, and of course you have been with him for the whole of your life. But this is normal grief, and just a time we have to live with however much it hurts. It will lessen, the pain will ease.

I'm sorry too about your brother not coming to the funeral tea - something I suspect that later he will regret. You may benefit by not having any negative influences at what will be a celebration of your dad's life; one thing less for you to worry about, and you can enjoy the company of those who valued your dad's friendship.

For now, look after yourself and try to get some sleep which will help you get through the days a bit better. xxx

workerbee

Jul 16, 2011
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You were there with him and that says more than all of the words you are regretting never saying. Please go easy on yourself. It is sad that your brother won't make it to the funeral tea - maybe it is better that he told you in advance though?

Thank you very much Soobee. I do hope that being there made a difference and I guess whenever anyone passes on we feel regret for that which we did not do, rather than that which we did. Perhaps it is better that I know my brother is not coming, but I feel my Dad would have wished him to, and that he is only trying to make a point to punish me. Quite honestly I think it is terribly disrespectful to my lovely Dad who only ever gave him everything he wanted and loved him to the end, despite his at times disgraceful behaviour towards Dad and my little family.

You are so very kind to send me your good wishes. Thank you.
workerbee xx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello workerbee, I am so sorry to read your sad news about your dad. My sincere condolences.

Turbo

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Hi workerbee, I so feel for you and for the loss of your dear father. I'm afraid I know little of your dementia journey but from this thread it is apparent to me that you have had a very special relationship with him. Please be thankful for that and in time your happier times will surface.

Thinking of you.
Hazel

TriciaD

Jan 9, 2012
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. I lost my Mum on Sunday so know how raw it all is. I think everyone deals with it in their own way, you just do what is best for you and your Dad, never mind what other people do/don't do. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77