Refund for TV Licence

Janice Ann

Mar 2, 2024
Has anyone had any success in claiming a TVLicence refund? I’ve been attempting to claim my now deceased Mothers TV Licence Fees as she was in a Care Home while her empty property was in the Market for Sale. She was very much alive 6 months ago when I applied for the refund. The Refund Centre claim never to have received the documents sent to them twice “track and trace/ signed for”
Anyone had any success with the Refund? Thank you

Dave63

Apr 13, 2022
If they were signed for then they can't claim they haven't received them, surely? Send them a copy of the signature receipt.

I think the licencing is contracted out to Capita who don't have the greatest reputation. Maybe the BBC should do an investigative documentary about them ;)

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
If they were signed for then they can't claim they haven't received them, surely? Send them a copy of the signature receipt.

I think the licencing is contracted out to Capita who don't have the greatest reputation. Maybe the BBC should do an investigative documentary about them ;)
Yes we got a refund when OH moved in with me and his niece went to live in his house. Both had licences for the same property . I rang them and explained ,they checked records and sent us a refund claim form . Refund followed quite quickly if I recall correctly.

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
Yes, I managed to, but I had to be persistent. Our friend paid for his tv licence by direct debit and we kept it going whilst he was in hospital then onto a D2A bed in a care home, just in case he came home. Once it was decided that he would stay in care permanently, I phoned the over 75 licence department to tell them and cancelled the direct debit. They owed him some money, £54, not much but every little helps! Over time, two cheques were supposedly sent and “gone missing”, the only written communication from another department with a threat of a £1000 fine and the intention of someone accessing the house to see if a TV was in use! Another phone call and the cheque was sent quite quickly to our address and is now deposited into our friend’s bank account. Like most refunds, I find you have to be quite persistent, which fortunately I am ;)

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we got one too at the end of the year. my husband turned 75 and being on pension credit, he gets a free one. we paid it up to his birthday but had over paid and they gave us the credit back. now he just gets the paper licence each year. didnt need to remind them either.