Ranting

Jan48

Apr 25, 2022
Sorry for the rant. What do I do to prevent my husband from unplugging the phone line and disconnecting the electrical lead from my Wi-Fi hub. I have put black tape over the switch but now he is playing with the electrical parts. My phone is digital voice and he is disconnecting. He does not do it every night I have blocked access but he still finds a way to get access. Not sure what else I can do we do not use mobile. Can I try to put Wi-Fi in a locked cabinet. This happened when he gets up during the night to use toilet then turn everything on stand by on including the dementia clock. I am so mad and ranting at him did not help and he became threatening. My concern is he is going to damage the Wi-Fi hub. Any advice pl. Thanks

maisiecat

Oct 12, 2023
Hi @Jan48, it is really difficult during this phase to manage things safely. I think if you put it in a locked cabinet he will just break into it. I wonder if you can place it elsewhere in the house and have a second phone line. You would need someone to run an extension and connect the hub to that.
It was the TV with my husband he always took it back to settings and reset everything. Took hours to be sorted out. He has even changed the TV in his Nursing home to Greek.
Find whoever is good with technology in your family and put the problem to them. People must have to protect hubs from toddlers.

Jan48

Apr 25, 2022
Hi @Jan48, it is really difficult during this phase to manage things safely. I think if you put it in a locked cabinet he will just break into it. I wonder if you can place it elsewhere in the house and have a second phone line. You would need someone to run an extension and connect the hub to that.
It was the TV with my husband he always took it back to settings and reset everything. Took hours to be sorted out. He has even changed the TV in his Nursing home to Greek.
Find whoever is good with technology in your family and put the problem to them. People must have to protect hubs from toddlers.
I have a second line and it’s in the bedroom. Had to turn it off because of the green light. Before when switching off router can always put it back but now since it is interfering with the phone line plug and adapter he is going to damage it. I will need to hide the Wi-Fi router but do not know where. I am going to try to use duct tape round the phone line and adapter. Just had a terrible row with him and it’s pointless as he is sick. Does not do it Everytime but when he does it I cannot help ranting. I have not switch the dementia clock back yet.

maisiecat

Oct 12, 2023
I have a second line and it’s in the bedroom. Had to turn it off because of the green light. Before when switching off router can always put it back but now since it is interfering with the phone line plug and adapter he is going to damage it. I will need to hide the Wi-Fi router but do not know where. I am going to try to use duct tape round the phone line and adapter. Just had a terrible row with him and it’s pointless as he is sick. Does not do it Everytime but when he does it I cannot help ranting. I have not switch the dementia clock back yet.
Don't blame yourself it is such a frustrating thing to have to deal with. My husband left the fridge and freezer open all the time.
The trouble is because the impulse is so strong in them the more you block access the worse it seems to get.
My son-in-law is the problem solver and of course he isn't as emotionally invested as our children so he was good with practical solutions.
I know its no help but you have my sympathy