query about skin condition

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I have noticed this past week when changing Gordon and washing him that his back is beginning to look like a mosaic, or like irregular scales. and now his skin is flaking off.

I use almond oil on him twice a day.

I wonder if it is a sign that the prostate cancer is progressing, or whether it is something else, or even nothing at all.

Does anyone have any ideas??

He is so very thin now, only 7 st 8 1/2 lbs you can see all his ribs, abd every vertebrae, and of course shoulder blades etc etc.

Jeannette

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello
What colour are the scaley patches

It may be a good idea to let the DR have a look, as their are skin conditions that can cause this, they are usualy easily treated.

When my mums legs developed white scaley patches (very dry skin) I tried several creams supposedly for very dry skin, but to be honest the one that did the trick was, Aqueous cream.
It would be best though, to get a Dr to check it out first befor you start trying out different creams/oils

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Jeannette,

I think it is a good idea to let the GP have a look. Having a compromised immune system, i developed scaley patches on my lower legs. They were dry but no moisturisers helped rid me of this. It did seem to be taking more and more areas on the lower legs. The GP said it was something that easily develops with a low immune system. She prescribed some ointment and it disappeared after a while.

I hope you find the right treatment.

Love

sah

Apr 20, 2009
Dorset
Could be the same as my son suffered from -fungal infection, often linked to stress/low immune system? He was given a course of anti fungal tablets and some cream-soon healed.

Sarah.x