Positive test

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I took a phone call from my wife's care home this morning. She has tested positive for Covid and is isolated in her bedroom. That's my usual Wednesday visit scrapped for this week. I was with her for over an hour on Sunday so testing myself seemed appropriate, although I have no symptoms. I have tested negative.

Although her care home will keep me updated, it is at times like this that being a remote carer is harder. It isn't that I could do anything more for her than the very caring staff (in fact I could not do as much) or that I am unused to our separation ...

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
Mum tested positive 3 days after my visit and I caught it 3 days after her (thanks Mum).

Hope your wife recovers quickly.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Same here, mum tested positive yesterday. I had some new furniture for her so we delivered that today but didn’t go in as we have other vulnerable family members as well as mum. Also , last time I had Covid, I was ill for ages so I still don’t think it is worth the risk. @northumbrian_k I hope you don’t get it.
The manager told me that they would not force residents to remain in their rooms but it’s a small unit with in the home so it is contained. Mum doesn’t wander anymore now anyway so they will keep a good eye on her and the GP was being given a full update when we arrived this morning.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Glad to say that my wife is now symptom free and back to her normal self. We might be able to go into the garden today if the fine weather holds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly