Please can you spend 5 minutes completing my survey?

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
I answered most of the questions, best I could. What constitutes "normal ageing" from the "illness" is so very difficult though. I hope your research helps - keep up the good work. Excellent study and wish you good luck.

Last edited:

Dsgoddard

Mar 10, 2012
I would like to say a huge whopping massive great big THANK YOU to all those who have contributed to this project.

I closed the questionnaire quite a few weeks ago now, I have written the data analysis and am now doing the conclusion. The draft project will be handed in this Friday with final submission a couple of weeks later.

Some of the results are quite interesting, I will be sharing my completed project with Katherine sometime in the summer who i guess will consider whether or not to put it on here. However, I personally feel that my project may not have the validity such an important topic deserves. Unfortunately it is only small & has a number of imbalances in the demographics. I am also restricted by word count and the standard at which i am studying (A-Level). I would truly love to do this project on a national scale with support from others who know how to run research projects (this is my first!) But that would be a herculean task, one that right now I don't have time for. Maybe in my future career I will get a chance to do some research of some kind, it's so interesting!

to Sue38 - the question about the date is probably one that i wouldn't include again if i did it in future. Also the one about memory too as both of these can quite easily be present in anyone. There are more things i'd change too but i'll leave that to put in my project :p

If anyone has any other comments or questions i'm more than happy to answer them now!

Thanks again :)

Dsgoddard

Mar 10, 2012
The Final Project Report :)

Once again hello all,

I am back! Summer was fantastic, i spent it as a Games Maker at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games. An out of this world experience & one i shall hopefully never forget.... never forgetting hey?

Well, brings me on to this project i completed. I got distinctions in every category for this which is the highest grade possible. This link is a copy of my report if you wish to read it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41580235/Alheimer's disease research project May 2012 FINAL.pdf

To summarise, here are some findings:

1. Those who have contact with Alzheimer's are better able to recognise the signs of Alzheimer's compared to Ageing than those without contact.
  2. Those without contact did not have much confidence in their recognise the signs (but this did not directly correlate with their actual ability to recognise the signs)
  3. 83% of those with contact believe there is a stigma in the UK whilst only 46% of those without contact believe this to be true.

You can look over other topics i covered such as whether people believed their loved ones would visit you if you had Alzheimer's and vice versa.

In the meantime, I am applying for care jobs, one of which involves helping people with mental health issues (including Alzheimer’s) stay at home. Fingers crossed I’ll get it :)

Thank you once again to everybody who helped in any way with this report, it really is appreciated!

Comments and feedback welcome :)

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I can't get to it, when I click on the link it says:

Not Found

The requested URL /online-survey.php was not found on this server.

Is this something to do with my computer? I use a Mac.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I can't get to it, when I click on the link it says:

Not Found

The requested URL /online-survey.php was not found on this server.

Is this something to do with my computer? I use a Mac.

I use a Mac too, and often find this, but the link did work for me. It came up as a pdf file.

Jan x

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I think you may be misreading the thread
Click on this link and you will get the Report

ps://dl.dropbox.com/u/41580235/Al...12%20FINAL.pdf
( as shown in ds goddards post)

I have only had time to part read it , but after all these years I have just read the most comprehensive explanation of alzheimers that a layman can understand
well done young Lady
jimbo 111

Last edited:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thanks Jimbo, I hadn't noticed the date on the first thread, the survey is obviously closed now. When I opened the thread not all replies were there, I'm not sure what was going on. So I thought it was a current survey but when I clicked on the link it couldn't find it.

Now when I open the thread, everything is clear, and all replies are there including dsgoddard's results and a link to the completed work.

Not sure why this didn't happen when I first opened the thread. Perhaps my computer was slow and hadn't opened the whole thread when I clicked on the link.

Just off now to read the results!

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
David,

I have just read your final report which is brilliant. Thank you so much for including us in your research and for sharing the results which doesn't often happen.

I wish you well with getting the job of your choice.

Fiona

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
gringo

Hi Dsg. I've just tried your link 3 times and each time i'm told it can't be found. I'm on apple's safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toadflax