Pee Patrol

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Thank you Maggie but I was going along the lines of a waterproof duvet cover to keep it clean, and where I would be able to put my own duvet cover over it.
There are waterproof covers but reviews were mixed and put me off. People said the duvet slipped and tangled inside the covers as they are plastic . I had a 100% polyester duvet cover once and my down duvet slipped in that so much that it ended up a tangled mess by morning. I don't want a repeat with a plastic cover. If you Google waterproof duvet cover you can decide for yourself. Amazon have them. Continance care websites actually do a wipe -able duvet that you can put in your own cover but they are plastic coated and may be uncomfy to sleep under and also slip in the covers .I suppose at the end of the day we might have to compromise on a bit of comfort for hygiene and ease of cleaning x

Last edited:

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Thank you Jay, I'll take a look.
Hi ,if you find waterproof at Dunelm I'd be interested as I've looked before and they had duvet protectors but not waterproof just water resistant which isn't the same thing when it comes to incontinence 😊

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hello Melles, sometimes he can soil a couple of times a night though not every night, and sometimes he can go a few days without. He gets terribly upset when it happens resulting in tears as he says it's disgusting, but I try to convince it's the dementia and not him.
He hates synthetic duvets as he says they lie over you and not surrounding you and I have to admit I feel the same. As we still share the same bed the only alternative probably would be to buy a single duvet for him and a single for me if not single beds, though I know he would take that personally. With regard to washable duvets I threw out my tumble dryer, it was old and as my contribution to the environment and climate change, but probably will now have to rethink.
Thank you so much for your kindness.
ive just looked and age uk on their website have water resistant duvet that you could put a cover over and it wipes clean. maybe try googling with the exact words you need.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
ive just looked and age uk on their website have water resistant duvet that you could put a cover over and it wipes clean. maybe try googling with the exact words you need.
Hi @jennifer1967 , have you actually used one of these waterproof duvets?.As my post above ,there are quite a lot of reviews about slipping inside covers as the plastic helps covers/duvets to move. I'm looking for particular products that people have found to be stable In the covers or stable on a down duvet.
Thanks

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 , have you actually used one of these waterproof duvets?.As my post above ,there are quite a lot of reviews about slipping inside covers as the plastic helps covers/duvets to move. I'm looking for particular products that people have found to be stable In the covers or stable on a down duvet.
Thanks
no, i was just being helpful in giving lots of options to see if any meet your needs.

Dianej

Mar 27, 2021
If it's any help to anyone, I found water resistant duvet covers on an online site called Soak and Sleep. I have been using them for a few months and have not had anything leaking through to the duvet. They are white and look good enough that you don't have to use a duvet cover on top. They wash and dry very easily. I also found a very good mattress protector on the Silent Night website.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
If it's any help to anyone, I found water resistant duvet covers on an online site called Soak and Sleep. I have been using them for a few months and have not had anything leaking through to the duvet. They are white and look good enough that you don't have to use a duvet cover on top. They wash and dry very easily. I also found a very good mattress protector on the Silent Night website.
Thank you. I'll have a look at those duvet protectors. Could you put a duvet cover on if you wanted to?

It was the slipping inside the protector that was my concern . as mentioned I had a duvet cover a few years ago that the duvet moved in side until we had a clump on the bed.

. I have waterproof mattress protectors already, bought mine at marks and Spencer. Weren't cheap but work so worth the cost😊

Dianej

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you. I'll have a look at those duvet protectors. Could you put a duvet cover on if you wanted to?

It was the slipping inside the protector that was my concern . as mentioned I had a duvet cover a few years ago that the duvet moved in side until we had a clump on the bed.

. I have waterproof mattress protectors already, bought mine at marks and Spencer. Weren't cheap but work so worth the cost😊

Yes, you can put a cotton etc duvet cover over the water resistant one if you want to. It has a zip fastening and the duvet seems to stay in place inside it. If you spill some coffee or something on it, it will just wipe clean without needing to wash the whole cover. I bought two king size ones so one to wash and one on the bed but you could possible manage with one as they will wash and dry in a day. Please don't think I'm on commission. I'm just delighted to have solved one of the many problems of bedwetting.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
@Dianej ,That sounds brilliant, thankyou. Accidents are infrequent at the moment, more not getting to the loo in time but I get the feeling it's the start of something more to come .

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Things have taken a downwards turn this week. Both on Thursday and this morning dry pull ups on the floor, Attends pads (soaking wet) also on floor, Kylie sheet still on bed and wet, top sheet and blanket both wet and this morning even a wet pillow.

Washing machine has taken quite a hammering and have even resorted to using the tumble dryer for the blanket and pillow!

Now I am going to have to get some pillow protectors.

Onward into the unknown.

I had heard that energy companies may offer a special or alternative tariff for households that are having increasing energy consumption through I'll health, but when I called the (Outsourced) customer service team for EDF, they claimed to know nothing about such scheme. 😞

Another milestone in my journey.

Colin.

NaughtyNana

Jul 2, 2021
Amersham Bucks
Things have taken a downwards turn this week. Both on Thursday and this morning dry pull ups on the floor, Attends pads (soaking wet) also on floor, Kylie sheet still on bed and wet, top sheet and blanket both wet and this morning even a wet pillow.

Washing machine has taken quite a hammering and have even resorted to using the tumble dryer for the blanket and pillow!

Now I am going to have to get some pillow protectors.

Onward into the unknown.

I had heard that energy companies may offer a special or alternative tariff for households that are having increasing energy consumption through I'll health, but when I called the (Outsourced) customer service team for EDF, they claimed to know nothing about such scheme. 😞

Another milestone in my journey.

Colin.
Hello Colin, I am going through the same thing with my husband, not every night but enough to make life more complicated. Hope it gets better for you. I'm going to have word with my energy provider and my water supplier as my washing machine sometimes is on 3-4 times a day and only two of us.
I'll let you know if anything positive comes out of it.

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Hello Colin, I am going through the same thing with my husband, not every night but enough to make life more complicated. Hope it gets better for you. I'm going to have word with my energy provider and my water supplier as my washing machine sometimes is on 3-4 times a day and only two of us.
I'll let you know if anything positive comes out of it.
I'm lucky its not every night just the odd pee night but also have to put up with diarrhea every 5 or 6 weeks which lasts for day and like pebbledash. Floor, seat, wall, cloths etc.
My washing machine is so noisy now, not sure how much longer it will last. So another expense coming.

Kas 0103

Jan 12, 2022
@NaughtyNana
@maggie6445
This is a washable coverless duvet from Asada - just an example.
I use a washable cover less duvet too, it’s a godsend - but you do need a washing machine that can cope with a heavier load, even for a single duvet.

special 1

Oct 16, 2023
Although it is only 7:30 I have already had to do a complete bed change, as 'Pull ups' were thrown out of the bed, and now the washing machine has already finished it's cycle for the first lot!

Now on here with a cup of tea. You are certainly not alone at 4:00am

Trying not to Boo Hoo. Colin

special 1

Oct 16, 2023
Hi there. Yes the same at our house, it is like a laundrette 24/7. No rest for the wicked. That must be us. Look after yourself and try and have a better day!!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Not sure if I 've posted this on here already, and not used myself, but wonder if these would be any help for those where PWD is removing the pad / pull ups?:

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Not sure if I 've posted this on here already, and not used myself, but wonder if these would be any help for those where PWD is removing the pad / pull ups?:
Looks good, I will try a pair for Patsy.

I think the Grey is a bit dull, I will wait until the more colourful short sleeved Pink come back into stock. I will report back ;)

Colin.