Our house is like the RSPCA

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
We were invited out for lunch today and then to visit Alan's daughter. Alan received a gift from the grandchildren which was a stuffed dog which yaps, pants and whimpers. It is tiny and it is gorgeous:) Then he received a life size cat from his daughter which meows, purrs, licks it's paw, rolls over onto it's back and opens and closes it's eyes. Alan absolutely adores it and here is a photo.
Alan with cat Dec. 09.jpg

These are just some of the animals - there are a load more upstairs and we are becoming like the stuffed animal version of the RSPCA.

Dec.09 house like RSPCA.jpg

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen it`s a good job you don`t have food and vet`s bills. If you need to get up in the night, make sure you put the lights on. :eek:

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
they look great Helen and you dont have to clear up after them Alan really looks like he loves them great pictures larivy

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen i just think it is wonderfull that you have managed to find something that Alan can relate to so well, i love these photos showing how tender Alan is with his animals his daughter must be thrilled that he accepted them into his family of animals immeadiatley, just hope they dont all have to join you in bed.Has Alan recieveed a new christmas sweater , looks very smart as usual. goodnight love pam

Pescita

Oct 31, 2009
I love the way there's a dog's head just visible on the second photo, by Alan's hand, looking like he's trying to get on camera!:D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Originally Posted by Pescita
I love the way there's a dog's head just visible on the second photo, by Alan's hand, looking like he's trying to get on camera!

:D:D I hadn't noticed that either :p:p

When I got into bed last night, I thought "there's not much room" so I lifted the duvet cover to find we'd got 4 of the larger dogs in bed and the cat:eek: I had to persuade Alan that the cat needed to sleep on her blanket next to the bed. Then it kept meowing:rolleyes: In the end with a big huff, I got up and realised I could switch it off:rolleyes: It is so lifelike it gives one the creeps. Alan loves it though.

No Pam, it's not a new sweater but at least I managed to get him to wear it. He is very peculiar with clothes at the moment!!

Love

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Helen - what is the name of the shrub/tree with the very large buds in the top right of the window in the top photo??

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Brilliant! No flea collars. No stray hairs and fur allergies. Absolutely ideal!

Funny about the cat meowing, Helen. No wonder you were a bit spooked!
x

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Yeah - & no dallying with cat teeth (& yukky mouth!!) trying to force tablets down unwilling throats on a thrice daily basis (I have this problem!!).

& no sick with blades of grass in it :D

& no fur balls in sick to clear up :eek:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Bookworm Sue, you asked what the tree is. It is a Sumac tree which is of Japanese origin. I know because I gave it to her some years ago;) I think they are also known at Stags antlers or something like that. They are beautiful and seem to have a beautiful shape but once one has cut them back, they start to spread all over the place underground. They can come up quite a distance away or all over the garden. So the tip is to never trim them.

These pictures were yesterday and today I feel I am at carer breakdown:eek: I am going to post about it if I can.

Love

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Chin Up

Hiya Helen, chin up my friend, nearly there, great pictures and without the mess!!lol Hope your stress levels are going down at the moment and not up, always here to help and listen, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Lovely pics of Alan and his menagerie, Helen. Perhaps you ought to buy a doggie bed for them all to sleep in..:)

today I feel I am at carer breakdown
Sorry to hear that...it never ceases to amaze me how quickly things can change.
After a couple of relatively calm days I'm feeling pretty much on the edge today too...:rolleyes:

We've been up since 4 o'clock thismorning..and I've not only had to deal with Eric but also sort out a major problem with the hot water..(or lack of it...:eek:) and the boiler. And an unexpected visit from his nephew, wife and 2 children...and the AS lady.

Now it's sorted and I could do with a nap..Eric is wide awake..so no chance.

Here's to tomorrow...:)

Love xx