Nursing home funding.....

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
Sorry in advance if im being a nuisance and this is a common question.....my dad is in residential care and fully funded by ss.....if it was decided that he needs nursing care would that be totally funded too? The care home he is in are struggling with him being increasingly more aggressive and threatening, he refuses to let them clean him up, he's doubly incontinent, is throwing pads out of the window etc and this means he's sitting about in wet messy and horrendously smelly clothes.....:confused:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Wobbly , ( have just posted on your Dad * thread ! ) First of all you are not being a nuisance :) ! ! T P is here for us all to offer much needed support & advice !

Am not a real * Expert * on the funding questions you ask, however if it can be proved your Dad does need Nursing Care think the N H S will have to pay the Nursing Element of his Care ( read this on a similar Thread the other day ) Sorry am not much help ! , if you click on the A S Resource Box & then click on Fact Sheets there is a fact Sheet on Care Fees / Funding etc which should help ( you can print them out )

Hope this helps & its good to start planning in advance :)

Good Luck !

Love Grove x

P S ...........Have you checked out the Find Me Good Care Web Page ? Its very good & easy to use :) It tells you where all types of Homes there are in your Area plus funding Information etc Just googled Find Me Good Care !

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
Hi Nitram, thanks for that, at the moment he is is residential but they are saying that he may need moving as hes got worse, more aggressive and challlenging and not letting them care for him.....
Thanks again Grove, had a quick look but doesntbseem to cover Wales.....:(

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Oh Wobbly ! Sorry it does not cover Wales :mad: tho I have used it for my area , did not check the small or big Print :rolleyes: that it only covered England ! How annoying for you ! ..................Do you not have similar Web Site or Lists in your Area ? E G ........... Carer 's Support Group / Age or Welsh U K ? ( sorry just realized you have your own Government etc so guess you have your own rules etc on looking for C Homes / N H plus funding ,,,,, gues that is why it was not on the Web Page F Me Good Care )

Love Grove x

Last edited:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thanks both....I am meeting with the manager this week so will hopefully have some ideas.....

Good Luck Wobbly & hope the Manager * Works * with you & your Dad or is this more a general meeting to look at all options ? etc Shame the C H does not have a extra N H Unit ( so your Dad would not be so upset IF & only IF he had to move )

Much Love

Grove x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yourmindanwe