Northwich, Cheshire

Wendywoo2301

Sep 7, 2019
Hi. Can anyone tell me what is available in Northwich please. I’ve have emailed the Cheshire group and has no response and the helpline keeps ringing then cutting off. My mum has just been diagnosed and it would be great to know what was available to her. TIA

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Wendywoo2301. Welcome to Dementia Talking Point.

Have you tried this link

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support

If you insert your postcode the site will show what support is available in your area.

Please stay with this Forum. You will also receive a lot of support here. It won`t be hands on but it will be from people who understand your worries.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Hi. Can anyone tell me what is available in Northwich please. I’ve have emailed the Cheshire group and has no response and the helpline keeps ringing then cutting off. My mum has just been diagnosed and it would be great to know what was available to her. TIA

There is a dementia re-enablement service which your mum gets free for two months to help her find activities and groups. Your in West Cheshire so things should be better for you, we are in East Cheshire and there is hardly anyhting here. Contact your Social Services they should be able to refer your mum on to the re-enablement team.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Wendywoo2301
a warm welcome from me too

it can be a bit tricky at first, finding a local dementia cafe or other resources, the link to the AS directory may help, and do look on your mum's LA's website

Admiral Nurses have a lot of local info, maybe give them a call as their remit is to support the carer
https://www.dementiauk.org/get-support/find-an-admiral-nurse/

for an assessment of your mum's care needs, from which some day care may be suggested, contact the LA's Adult Services

the AS also has a befriender service
https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/your-support-services

Wendywoo2301

Sep 7, 2019
Hello Welcome to Dementia Talking Point.

Have you tried this Link

If you insert your postcode the site will show what support is available in your area.

Please stay with this Forum. You will also receive a lot of support here. It won`t be hands on but it will be from people who understand your worries

Hi. Thanks for this. I have emailed them. I received a reply saying they had passed it to the relevant people but haven’t heard anything since then.

Wendywoo2301

Sep 7, 2019
There is a dementia re-enablement service which your mum gets free for two months to help her find activities and groups. Your in West Cheshire so things should be better for you, we are in East Cheshire and there is hardly anyhting here. Contact your Social Services they should be able to refer your mum on to the re-enablement team.

Great thanks. I will do. I’m not in Northwich so it’s hard to know where to go.

Wendywoo2301

Sep 7, 2019
hello @Wendywoo2301
a warm welcome from me too

it can be a bit tricky at first, finding a local dementia cafe or other resources, the link to the AS directory may help, and do look on your mum's LA's website

Admiral Nurses have a lot of local info, maybe give them a call as their remit is to support the carer

for an assessment of your mum's care needs, from which some day care may be suggested, contact the LA's Adult Services

the AS also has a befriender service

Hi. Thanks. I will try the admiral nurses. I’ve seen that but wasn’t sure if I should contact them or not.