Non removable watch strap for lifeline

Ash123

Jun 8, 2024
Hi all. I care for my 89 year old grandad and I’m having trouble getting him to keep his lifeline watch on. It has an inbuilt fall detector but he had a fall thismorning but had taken it off yet again resulting in him spending 4 hours in the kitchen floor. Is there anything available out there which will prevent him from removing his watch? Thank you

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Could you somehow wriggle a piece of elastoplast/micropore round the end of the strap once its on him?

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
We had the same problem with my mother. I think the item is seen as a foreign object, people with dementia don't like new things. Unfortunately I suspect that even if it was in theory non-removable, he would try to find a way to rip/cut off the watch. My mother used to remove hers as soon as the carers were out of the door.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
This might be a daft question but is this watch waterproof?
I think most are.

I have 2 pendants
1) Main GPS enabled multi SIM 4G is IP67 (1m immersion for 30 minutes)
2) Backup for when main is charging, no GPS, only works within range of base station which has Multi SIM 4G connection, is IP68 (1.5m immersion for 30 minutes)

Main has lower spec because, unlike backup which uses base station for communication, it has built in microphone and speaker to converse with emergency centre.