non relative worried about someone

person1

Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys, never posted in a forum like this before, however I'm pretty lost.

I work on a holiday park, and we have people who own holiday homes, these people spend a lot of time with us and we form some great bonds,

this one particular owner is probably in his 80's (we'll call him Bill) has always been a little ray of sunshine with his wife, they spend a lot of time here with us, however recently Bills wife (we'll call her Betty) had a stroke and has been admitted to a local hospital, this has sent Bill on a downward spiral of forgetfulness. he in't remembering my name or what the nurses tell him when he goes to visit, he is completely lost.
His daughter (we'll call her Sally) who we've never seen before only that we know she is very very poorly, is in her 50's and suffering from cancer, she has come over on the Ferry from where they live and is very weak and a little confused herself.

Before he arrived I went to the hospital with Bill and the nurses explained about what had happened to Betty, that it was a masive stroke and she looks unlikely to recover fully from this, she is not talking or being responsive much. So it looks as though Bill will not get Betty back as she was :(

Anyway, Bill comes up to reception, without Sally his daughter and tries to relay to us what the hospital has told him, I have actually rung the hospital a couple of times and the information he gives me doesn't match what they tell me, he constantly loses his phone, as well as loses notes I write him to remind him what we've talked about or what the Hospital has told me.

anyway, I'm finding it really hard to not get involved in what's going on, (as this is not part of my job) as he isn't family, and it's affecting my work when he's here, however I can't help but to help him when he's so lost and confused, no-one is here to look after him, and his daughter is really struggling, but it's obviously not my place to do anything,

Please help I need suggestions, is there someone I can call to come and help him? Or is this not my place?

Thanks guys any advice would be really helpful. xx