No holds barred rendition

Bluebell1403

Dec 6, 2016
A social worker has mentioned "no holds barred rendition" as a policy.
Can anyone explain the term within the context of dementia care?
:confused:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Bluebell, welcome to TP
No idea what the phrase means, are they planning to put someone in a care home against their wishes?
K

ElizabethAnn

Jan 4, 2014
Northumberland
Welcome to TP Bluebell1403,
That's one of those phrases where I understand the meaning of each individual word, but not when they're all put together...

I've certainly never heard it - and having been through a number of CHC meetings at all levels - I'd quite like to have been able to use it with my own interpretation, which would be: No financial or logistical restrictions on how the level of care required is assessed.

However, I feel that's unlikely.

I'd definitely be asking for clarification.

Please do let us all know when you find out...

regards, Elizabeth.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I've heard of the phrase ...no holds barred....which I always thought meant...no restrictions or no holding back! However no idea in SW world!

Last edited:

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
I've heard of the phrase ...no holds barred....which I always thought meant...no restrictions or no holding back! However no idea in SW world!

Yes that's what it means. Just googled the origin of the phrase and stems from boxing from the days before rules and regulations had been introduced.
"Rendition" in this context would just mean the way the argument or case was being presented or put forward for consideration.