FutureMrsBrown

Apr 23, 2024
Hey everyone, hope you're all OK

My uncle was diagnosed with vascular dementia and Alzheimers in Feb 2023

Me and my fiance live across the road from him, so we help my cousin look after him

Glad to be here with others who understand how stressful it can be

Here if anyone wants to vent

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Hi Welcome to the Forum. When is the Wedding? Are you planning a big ‘Do’ ? Do let us know, it’s nice to hear about ordinary life and the special events of life continuing. On the ‘rant’ side my today is ‘some people”. In town today, first trip since OH’s, piles removal operation. OH was holding my arm which makes moving around d SO much easier and I was just telling him so (going out is usually rather stressful), my hood was up because it was raining, and all of a sudden this man is shouting at us because we’ve walked in front (pedestrian precinct) of an empty wheelchair he’s pushing at speed. He was very rude and nasty, Ideally I would have ignored apart from giving him a ‘look’. But not today. Then I’m nearly in tears….. Quite spoilt our morning.

Watson1

Sep 4, 2023
your uncle is lucky to have you near by. find a gamut of careers to help you spread the load. i have alzheimers I've read some books by people who have dementia and it bring a very real perspective on what we are going through. find some memory clinics or zoom groups for you uncle. its a hole new world as you are finding out roll up you sleeves and dice in you will all be ok

FutureMrsBrown

Apr 23, 2024
Hi Welcome to the Forum. When is the Wedding? Are you planning a big ‘Do’ ? Do let us know, it’s nice to hear about ordinary life and the special events of life continuing. On the ‘rant’ side my today is ‘some people”. In town today, first trip since OH’s, piles removal operation. OH was holding my arm which makes moving around d SO much easier and I was just telling him so (going out is usually rather stressful), my hood was up because it was raining, and all of a sudden this man is shouting at us because we’ve walked in front (pedestrian precinct) of an empty wheelchair he’s pushing at speed. He was very rude and nasty, Ideally I would have ignored apart from giving him a ‘look’. But not today. Then I’m nearly in tears….. Quite spoilt our morning.
Thanks beaut, the wedding is on the 22nd August 2025 😁

Were having a registry office Ceremony in Manchester where we live, and then our reception will be at our local Catholic Mens Club

We're having a hot and cold buffet, cos neither of us wanted a wedding breakfast. The wedding is at 3pm

Awww I'm sorry hun, big hugs 🫂 Some people are ignorant, but yeah I get how you feel. There's good days and bad days x

FutureMrsBrown

Apr 23, 2024
your uncle is lucky to have you near by. find a gamut of careers to help you spread the load. i have alzheimers I've read some books by people who have dementia and it bring a very real perspective on what we are going through. find some memory clinics or zoom groups for you uncle. its a hole new world as you are finding out roll up you sleeves and dice in you will all be ok
Awww thanks hun, yeah we'll defo have a look around

So sorry about your diagnosis, big hugs 🫂

We'll all be here for each other x

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Thanks beaut, the wedding is on the 22nd August 2025 😁

Were having a registry office Ceremony in Manchester where we live, and then our reception will be at our local Catholic Mens Club

We're having a hot and cold buffet, cos neither of us wanted a wedding breakfast. The wedding is at 3pm

Awww I'm sorry hun, big hugs 🫂 Some people are ignorant, but yeah I get how you feel. There's good days and bad days x
Wedding plans sound good. We had a registry office ceremony having both been married before and only close family and friends and it was really really nice.

FutureMrsBrown

Apr 23, 2024
Wedding plans sound good. We had a registry office ceremony having both been married before and only close family and friends and it was really really nice.
Awww lovely 😁 that's what weddings are about. When was it? My fiancé's been married before, and this is my second engagement x

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Been married 19 years in May but we’re together for 18 before that, it took him awhile to make up his mind….. But he was worth waiting for.