Newbie. Hi, my names is Campbell. I am 73 and have been living with dementia for about 18 months.

clamdaman

Apr 21, 2024
Hi Everyone. I was diagnosed with dementia about 18 months ago, and had support from a wonderful lady from Ember.
I have learnt to cope with the memory part with lots of notes & reminders on my phone.
The parts I struggle with are :
1. The virtigo - This varies from day to day. On a good day it is almost non-existant, on a bad day I use my walking poles.
2. The emotional roller-coaster. There are days when I cry at the most rediculous things . . .

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Hello sir these are super nice people here and this place I'm got them dimensions too is back that vascular one I'm getting get dizzy a lot to just make me fall down a bunch and yep some days not as bad as other ones I'm not no too much on that road coaster you talking about but can get sad a lot with everything you got going on maybe not so ridiculous anyway hi I hope you find some friends here I'm sure been blessed by these folks God bless you sir this is Matt

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @clamdaman / Campbell and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here. If you have any questions please just ask us.
It’s good to read that you have support to help you and that you are able to use your phone to help you remember things.

If your vertigo gets too bad please go back to your doctor for advice. I am sure that many of our members with dementia can understand the emotional impact of the dementia, but I hope that being a member here will help a little.