New to talking point

Mike Gilling

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,my name is Mike and l am really suffering in coming to terms with my wife's dementia,she is now in a care home and life is without her being about is dreadful nights are the Pitts,things just go over and over in your mind,family live away so know one to really speak to,horrible,how does one carry on?

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
Hello @Mike Gilling .....I'm not a hands-on carer so I can only imagine the loneliness and sadness you are feeling, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum....you are no longer alone now, there are so many lovely people with the same experience who can give you advice, support or just the space to get it off your chest.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Mike Gilling welcome from me too. I hope you find the forum to be a friendly and supportive place.

I hope you have time to take a look around the site as it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I found reading old threads helped me to feel that I had joined a community of people who would understand how I felt about my wife being diagnosed with dementia. I hope you find the same.

Now that you have found us I hope you will keep posting as the membership has vast collective knowledge and experience.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland

Mike Gilling

Mar 19, 2019
Hello @Mike Gilling .....I'm not a hands-on carer so I can only imagine the loneliness and sadness you are feeling, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum....you are no longer alone now, there are so many lovely people with the same experience who can give you advice, support or just the space to get it off your chest.
Many thanks

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Mike Gilling
a warm welcome from me too
you've joined a wonderfully supportive community, so now you have all the members here to talk to any time about anything; I hope it will help to share your experiences with folk who understand
best wishes