Linda1961

Jul 9, 2024
Hello everyone, my name is Linda and I look after my parents, one with mixed dementia and waiting for a diagnosis for my father too. Hope everyone is okay this morning 😁

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Linda1961.

I’m sorry to hear about your parents. So sad that they are both living with dementia. It’s good that you’ve found this forum. It’s a great place to come to when you want to ask questions, share your concerns or just let off steam if you need to.

Linda1961

Jul 9, 2024
We are struggling to be honest, mum had a fall 3 weeks ago and broke her shoulder. Since then, she's also been in hospital for five days with chest infection. She has stopped walking and just staying in bed at the moment.

We have a brilliant profiling bed but the compressor for the mattress has suddenly become very loud keeping us all awake at night. Just waiting for the office to open so I can book an engineer

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’;m sorry to hear you have been struggling. If you haven’t already had an assessment of care needs done then this might be the time to consider it.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
We are struggling to be honest, mum had a fall 3 weeks ago and broke her shoulder. Since then, she's also been in hospital for five days with chest infection. She has stopped walking and just staying in bed at the moment.

We have a brilliant profiling bed but the compressor for the mattress has suddenly become very loud keeping us all awake at night. Just waiting for the office to open so I can book an engineer
Hi @Linda1961
A welcome to the forum from me too.
Try and get your mum moving, up and walking as soon as poss.
2 yrs ago my Oh had a stay in hospital - result after a couple of weeks was wasting muscle, tightening of the muscle tendons and ligaments, and as she can't really follow/ process instructions, she just forgot how to walk. She hasn't walked since! Turned our lives upside down. I wouldn't want this to have to your mum.
Best wishes, and a hug.