New here

sandarby70

Jun 30, 2024
Hello all.My brother and I have been caring for my mother for six years with dementia. She has suddenly started to decline more .She's now wheelchair bound ,incontinent. She has started having these little episodes about every 6 months at present where she zones out then is sick .This time she came round not able to eat properly or speak .Two days after she is looking fine ,back to feeding herself and drinking by herself and talking again.Does anyone know what these episodes are.We have no help from Doctors and to be honest we keep mum away from hospitals as she won't go and I don't trust them .Is there any help out there for my brother and I. This group in itself will help us to learn more .Mums 86.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome from me.
I think the phrase used is "moments of clarity" when just for a time someone goes back to being their old selves.
Just enjoy them whilst you can. K

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @sandarby70.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. I wondered if the episodes could be TIAs. The NHS list of symptoms includes being sick. I know you said you don’t want medics etc involved but thought it might be useful to have a look at this -