Neighbour Harrassment need advice about moving out

Nightshade01

My uncle who has dementia and shouts has been annoying my neighbours that they our now targerting my, banging on the wall and being hateful. The lady next door gets scared and her husband has been banging on the wall at me. Both are hateful. So when I go out walk another route to avoid them. I have been struggling to decide safe areas to live. I don't know if it would be best living in a detached house with no neighbours as my Mother worried about being around more bad neighbours. My uncle is staying in the house were he lives and doesn't want help of anyone.

Last edited:

cobden 28

My uncle who has dementia and shouts has been annoying my neighbours that they our now targerting my, banging on the wall and being hateful. The lady next door gets scared and her husband has been banging on the wall at me. Both are hateful. So when I go out walk another route to avoid them. I have been struggling to decide safe areas to live. I don't know if it would be best living in a detached house with no neighbours as my Mother worried about being around more bad neighbours. My uncle is staying in the house were he lives and doesn't want help of anyone.

If you and your mother decide to move away from the hateful neighbours but your uncle, who has dementia, stays behind, I'd advise that you seek a care needs assessment for him. How would he manange without you and your Mum around to help him - how would the nasty neighbours react if it was just him living alone by himself?

AliceA

Are you in the UK?
I would contact Social Services and say an elderly man is at risk.
Moving is not the whole answer. There is no guarantee how the new neighbour's would act. Your uncle needs support perhaps more than you can give.

Jessbow

Sounds like the neighbours have reached the end of their tether with the shouting.

Is it really appropriate to leave him where he is?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomA