Nationwide LPA

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
Hi following on my last thread about my step mum selling their property, I have managed to register my LPA with nationwide my fathers bank.
As yet I haven’t received any information but they have told me it’s registered and in post.
My question is will my step mum know I have also been put on to this account?
ie with statements etc??
I think if she is aware I have access she may not deposit his sale proceeds here!
Thanks

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
@Grancan1313 Do you mean that you have now been added to your dad & step-mum's joint bank account, as joint POA for your dad? If so then the bank should notify the account holders to let them know this. With regards to distribution of the house sale proceeds, at the end of your last thread you said that you would be speaking to the solicitor who is dealing with the sale of the house about the situation - what did they advise? They will be responsible for depositing the the sale proceeds into a bank account, not your step mum.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
When MILs house was sold she owned half of it, but the other half had belonged to her late husband and had been left by him in his will to their three sons.
Once the house sale went through, the proceeds of the sale went into the solicitors business account (what was described as a "holding" account) and from there, funds were distributed according to ownership. At no time was the full amount deposited into an account where any one person (other than the solicitor) had access to it.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
As has been said house sale monies will flow through the solicitor's client account.

These accounts are heavily regulated (as you would expect) and only have monies in them which belong to clients ie the solicitor doesn't 'own' the money but holds it on trust.

So the buyers moneies will move from their solicitors account to the sellers solicitors. The solicitor is legally obliged to ensure the monies go into an account which belongs to the owners of the property sold.

If your father is named on the property and you hold finance LPA you need to deal with the solicitor on this matter as he is the one who has control over where the money goes.

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
@Grancan1313 Do you mean that you have now been added to your dad & step-mum's joint bank account, as joint POA for your dad? If so then the bank should notify the account holders to let them know this. With regards to distribution of the house sale proceeds, at the end of your last thread you said that you would be speaking to the solicitor who is dealing with the sale of the house about the situation - what did they advise? They will be responsible for depositing the the sale proceeds into a bank account, not your step mum.
Hi
hi
No I have been added to my dads sole accounts, the joint accounts I cannot access without my step mums permission. I emailed the solicitor selling my dads property and had no response ?my step mom is still refusing to provide me with any information. I have had legal advice and she can sell this property without me as we are joint and several attorneys.

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
As has been said house sale monies will flow through the solicitor's client account.

These accounts are heavily regulated (as you would expect) and only have monies in them which belong to clients ie the solicitor doesn't 'own' the money but holds it on trust.

So the buyers moneies will move from their solicitors account to the sellers solicitors. The solicitor is legally obliged to ensure the monies go into an account which belongs to the owners of the property sold.

If your father is named on the property and you hold finance LPA you need to deal with the solicitor on this matter as he is the one who has control over where the money goes.

Hi my step mum is also poa we are joint and several. She has cut me out of any information at all.