my wifes rings

oldboy

Mar 28, 2021
my wife died on the 11 February from Alzheimers we had no children and have no relatives so its just me, when i die i dont want some house clearance shark to benefit from her rings any suggestions on what you would do

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
my wife died on the 11 February from Alzheimers we had no children and have no relatives so its just me, when i die i dont want some house clearance shark to benefit from her rings any suggestions on what you would do
I have already started to clear my belongings ..... I do have children but i do not want them to have the hassle of sorting it all out. So paperwork thinned out . I have given my good jewellery away to those i wish to have them. If you have no-one to leave them to then you can sell them and leave the money to a chosen charity . Or maybe leave them to a good friend of your wifes

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I have my mums treasured gold bracelet (it's worth a few bob but not a great amount) and I have no daughters or granddaughters to pass it on to so I have decided to pass it on to my childhood friend who always considered my mum to be her second mum (we were very close and still are after almost 60 years) It is my friends retirement party in a couple of weeks and I will give it to her as I no longer wear it and I shall say to her the same thing that my mum said to me some months before she died. She can wear it or she can sell it or she can give it away, perhaps to her daughter as a keepsake from the second grandmother that she never knew and I will be happy with that.

There must be somebody that may appreciate the gift.

Sonya1

Nov 26, 2022
Just thinking out loud - obviously I don't know your financial situation - but you could sell them and use the proceeds to fund something in memory of your wife - a bench, a memorial, have some trees planted maybe?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Sorry for your loss @oldboy there is always support here for you if you need it. You've received some good suggestions already, and just to add that if you do decide to support a charity some, including the Alzheimer's Society, accept donations of jewellery: