My mother had a new name for dog litter on the ground....

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
we were walking to town and quite loudly she says "theres a load of sausages on the ground!" half laughing.

Later on up the street she starts walking near a woman with a cane and again quite loudly goes "you'll be getting me one of these next" and sort of acts it out and carries on ahead of the woman who looked quite embarrassed but smiled.

Rarely happens but recently shes been acting quite daft, laughing a lot, acting like a child almost.

we were told she was well in to mild dementia in February. Shes back next week and I think il be told shes in the next stage now to be honest.

A few other things have happened like she couldn't understand how the music dvd we were watching worked. She seemed to think the singer and the crowd were in the room. Also issues with shadows-the other night she was saying the leg of the mirror was sinking but it was the shadow. Shes been making weird movements in and out of chairs and the foot spa etc. sometimes exaggerated moves, other times it seems lke she has forgotten how to sit in a chair.

Jo Sutton

Jul 8, 2016
Surrey
It may be the dementia, totallyconfused, but it could also be a Urinary Tract Infection. When someone you care for gets one of those, they can go completely 'crazy', like nothing you have ever known from them before.

I suggest you get her to a doctor if you can, and ask for a test. It can usually be cured easily with a course of antibiotics.

Hugs

Jo