My husband has been recently diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh - what awful news :( So sorry to read this - thinking of you both xxx

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
So sorry, this is a terrible blow, we are here for you. I always feel that because our identity isn't known, we can post our inner most worries and thoughts to people who understand, which helps greatly.

Wish we could do more.

jk1951

Jan 20, 2014
West Yorkshire
Thank you all for listening and for your support.
BK is in the oncology ward and his room is directly opposite the nurses' station because of his confusion. I've seen him deteriorate so fast the last few days it's almost unbelievable. I'm visiting three times a day at the moment and each time I go he's got his bag packed ready to leave. The nurses have had to take him back to his room many times also. He's just confused, but still gentle and accepting when we tell him he's staying there until further tests are done, yet he forgets straight away and wants to leave again.
We've found out a little more - he has cancer in his stomach, his liver, the lymph nodes in his chest and in his brain.
The next couple of days will tell us a little more once the oncologists have had chance to review things.
I do have lots of support - between us we have four lovely daughters (2 from BK's first marriage and 2 from mine) - but still, at the end of the day, we are all on our own.
For me now, it's a little "messing about" on the computer, with a weak whisky and lemonade and then an early night xxxx

oak tree

Oct 9, 2013
Thank you all for listening and for your support.
BK is in the oncology ward and his room is directly opposite the nurses' station because of his confusion. I've seen him deteriorate so fast the last few days it's almost unbelievable. I'm visiting three times a day at the moment and each time I go he's got his bag packed ready to leave. The nurses have had to take him back to his room many times also. He's just confused, but still gentle and accepting when we tell him he's staying there until further tests are done, yet he forgets straight away and wants to leave again.
We've found out a little more - he has cancer in his stomach, his liver, the lymph nodes in his chest and in his brain.
The next couple of days will tell us a little more once the oncologists have had chance to review things.
I do have lots of support - between us we have four lovely daughters (2 from BK's first marriage and 2 from mine) - but still, at the end of the day, we are all on our own.
For me now, it's a little "messing about" on the computer, with a weak whisky and lemonade and then an early night xxxx

Sending my support to you xx