My daily diary Tuesday 31 May

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Oh well I guess it couldn’t last for that long as yet again I woke up and got out of bed at 11-30 last night, although my mind felt clear and untroubled, but then I hit a snag when I searched in the dark to find my trousers which were nowhere to be found so had to put my shorts back on, apparently Sumi had taken the trousers to wash thinking that it was about time I changed them but had forgotten to replace them with a clean pair… which as you can imagine had me a bit bewildered at such an unearthly hour!

But what can I say since even the best of minds forget things and not only that I’ve now become more dependent on Sumi for so many, many things and even more so over the past year, things that most people would do without contemplating twice about ‘yet for me’ have now become major obstacles within daily life… she changes and lays out my clothes for me, she reads my thoughts and speaks for me when I get confused and muddled, she decides what and when I should eat, she’s had to become my decision maker, the corrector of my outlandish demeanour, my better judgment and equilibrium when we go out walking or shopping… she’s had to adopt my persona into her own daily being and become the every quintessence of my mind and body and to become the calming oil poured onto my turbulent troubled ocean of daily life… and be the evictor of the demon Hobbs when they try to take hold of my rationality… she more than just my wife she’s my fortitude and the indispensable support foundation in my latter quality of life along the dementia pathway...

By 3am my eyes were dropping so I went back to bed again and slept soundly until 5am but when I woke up wasn’t feeling so good, nothing to do with the Alzheimer’s or diabetes, I just think I’m coming down with a cold or the flu.

Spent the morning pottering around in the garden then after lunch had a short nap but when I woke up my nose was streaming, a soreness in my throat and my limbs aching which got worse as the afternoon progressed, and I went to bed after supper feeling a bit low…

http://www.simplesite.com/BarrysAlzheimers/47435168

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
she changes and lays out my clothes for me, she reads my thoughts and speaks for me when I get confused and muddled, she decides what and when I should eat, she’s had to become my decision maker, the corrector of my outlandish demeanour, my better judgment and equilibrium when we go out walking or shopping… she’s had to adopt my persona into her own daily being and become the every quintessence of my mind and body and to become the calming oil poured onto my turbulent troubled ocean of daily life… and be the evictor of the demon Hobbs when they try to take hold of my rationality… she more than just my wife she’s my fortitude and the indispensable support foundation in my latter quality of life along the dementia pathway...

http://www.simplesite.com/BarrysAlzheimers/47435168

Barry you could be describing me when you talk of Sumi, but she does this without moaning and groaning like me. She sounds such a wonderful, caring person. You are so loved Barry, you are lucky. I get so ashamed that I am becoming such a moaner.

I do hope you are feeling a little bit better and that cold clears up really quickly. Snuggle up in bed with a hot toddy.

June x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry,

I've just seen your thread and I, too, hope that YOU GET WELL SOON. I recognise myself in your Sumi but I admit to losing it at times, especially when I was frightened:eek: I hope it encourages you to know that since Alan has gone, I seem to be receiving the finest quality of life for myself. I always said that I put my life on hold to enable Alan to have the best life possible and now it is as if that life is being poured back into me. If I could go back and do things differently, I think I would choose to do things exactly as I did them. I think Alan would forgive me losing the plot from time to time;)

Here's something to cheer your day as you fight this cold or flu. 303.jpg

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thank you both

Hi June and Helen and thanks for your positive vibes… yes I to think that I’m very lucky to have Sumi by my side, as for the flu will it seems to have cleared up OK.
God bless you both and the flowers are beautiful Helen :)
Barry xx