My added confusion… and something to think about

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve not replied to any of the threads for some time but again for the past week I’ve not been feeling so good, I seem to have been lost in clouds of ‘doom, gloom, depression and anxiety’ and what’s making me feel even worse at the moment is that I’ve started to become incontinent especially of a night time and although I wake up its always ‘to late’ but God bless her Sumi doesn’t even turn a hair she just helps me bathe and then changes the bed sheets without complaint, how she copes with me, my now paranoia, runs her business, and the home all at the same time I don’t know.

Even though I’ve been waking up in the extremely early hours I’ve have tried sitting at the computer to type… but my mind just can’t concentrate on anything… as its all becoming an accumulation of confusion in the brain where any logical words of communication now seem to have got lost, I’ve tried looking and reading Talking Point threads… but yet again it now makes me even more confused and depressed… as so many people seem to be leaving TP… and faster than mice leaving a sinking ship, it was once a website were members could openly discuss issues within our illness and get sensible replies… but now to many people deviate from the topic in hand taking it of at a tangent which in some cases then leads to misunderstandings and open viewable argumentations which only severs to confuse the confused mind even more… and makes once good TP friends offended with each other, so maybe the time has come to evaluate the TP system of (Threads and Replies) whereby every thread and its subsequent replies first have to be passed via mediation of the moderators to prevent such a thing happening as we visit this website for moral support not de-motivation with added confusion!!

I apologize if anyone is offended... but as I’m always saying (The dementia mind, observe, views, hears, reads and reacts to things in a completely different way to people who do not have the illness)

Barry

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Sorry to hear things haven`t been to good for you Barry.

The odd bit of unrest on here is settling down. Put lots of strong characters in the pot Barry and things happen.

Please bear with us all, in the last year that I have been around things haven`t changed that much.People are still supporting each other in a pretty remarkable way.

I for one am facinated with your journey,albeit sad at times.

I love reading your poems still, as I`m sure do many others.

Just concentrate on the threads you can read Barry.

Ignore any of the ones around that may cause you grief.

All the best for now,my best wishes as ever, Angela.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Barry,

I am really sorry that you are having to face such battles at the moment with the disease and with how you are affected by disruption to the forum:(

Hopefully harmony will be restored and, I hope, that you will directly benefit from this in that you will not have unnecessary factors to deal with.

I suspect that Sumi is able to be who she is and do what she does by growing into it;) I grew into it with Alan.

Wishing you all the best Barry and so glad to see you posting:)

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sorry you are having problems Barry.

It would be highly impractical for moderators to vet posts a] because it would take far too much time, b] because we would face accusations of censorship and c] because we have enough problems when we moderate troublesome posts with accusations of censorship and prohibiting free speech.

I think in the main, this section for people with dementia is safe from deviation and going off topic. I hope so.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Barry, really feel for you and understand your need for simplicity. We're here for you as always xx