Mum

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
I don't know what to do my mums not been diagnosed yet but all the signs are there just had all the house decorated and the bathroom fitter is coming on Monday and she is now refusing to live with me till her new bathroom is done so this is crazy but I've ordered a portal oho one u would get inside a caravan I don't know how this will work xxx

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Tough for you. I am assuming you are getting help and your mum is waiting to be assessed. Get all the help you can. Hang on in there, there is a lot of help and friendship here in TP. keep in touch.X :)

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Tough for you. I am assuming you are getting help and your mum is waiting to be assessed. Get all the help you can. Hang on in there, there is a lot of help and friendship here in TP. keep in touch.X :)

Hi rathbone my mum is paying for all this we are not get any help she goes for her first visit to memory clinic on16 July but her bath leaks and old shower doesn't work properly so I think it's a must I gave her a quick bath the other night and she loved it and I know she tops and tails every day just thinking I'll need to stay with her so when she is up every hour through the nite for toilet I can show her the portaloo ooh I dunno but it must get done xxx

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Sure you want to support her, but you need rest too, so take care not to be on constant watch. Believe me I understand you don't want accidents, but we often worry far too much about the toilet thing. Good luck with the Memory Clinic. Make sure you write down everything you think is an indicator before then, that way when they ask you, you won 't have to search your brain for the answers. You need to tell them how bad it is, what her needs are - including home needs - and how you are managing too. Keep in touch, there will be more help on the way from TP I'm sure. X :)
PS I loved what you said about the bath, how lovely for you to share this with her and give her such a treat. X

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Hi rathbone my mum is paying for all this we are not get any help she goes for her first visit to memory clinic on16 July but her bath leaks and old shower doesn't work properly so I think it's a must I gave her a quick bath the other night and she loved it and I know she tops and tails every day just thinking I'll need to stay with her so when she is up every hour through the nite for toilet I can show her the portaloo ooh I dunno but it must get done xxx

My mum is only 66 my dad died 5yrs ago he was very domineering so iv had no contact for 18 yrs when I found out she was all alone I visited and was welcomed I new there was something not quite right house was cold fridge was empty house was dirty but she had a woman and her daughter who visited very regular they were conning her out of money so thankfully they have now stopped visiting her iv a camera installed and the fraud squad are investigating over the past 5 months she has changed her will and the poa is in place but she keeps coming out with things like there won't b no money left and it makes me angry I say to her u should enjoy it whilst u r alive for example nice house etc I work full time clean my own house been doing mums cleaning Shopping washing everything I'm at hers daily to make sure she eats she is only 6 stone I work with my partner own our own cleaning business lol and I'm beginning to feel like I don't know which house I live in anymore xxx

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
My mum is only 66 my dad died 5yrs ago he was very domineering so iv had no contact for 18 yrs when I found out she was all alone I visited and was welcomed I new there was something not quite right house was cold fridge was empty house was dirty but she had a woman and her daughter who visited very regular they were conning her out of money so thankfully they have now stopped visiting her iv a camera installed and the fraud squad are investigating over the past 5 months she has changed her will and the poa is in place but she keeps coming out with things like there won't b no money left and it makes me angry I say to her u should enjoy it whilst u r alive for example nice house etc I work full time clean my own house been doing mums cleaning Shopping washing everything I'm at hers daily to make sure she eats she is only 6 stone I work with my partner own our own cleaning business lol and I'm beginning to feel like I don't know which house I live in anymore xxx
Thankyou rathbone xxx

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Whew, hard for you for sure. Keep on with what you are doing, she will really appreciate it at some level. Good that you can be involved, but don't overdo it, you have a life too you know. Loving thoughts. X:)