Mum & me ,

shar22

Apr 17, 2024
I'm mum main carer , dad died almost 8 years ago . She's had Alzheimer's now for 10years early diagnosed . Dad was adamant he didn't need lpa as her loyal husband of 50+ years he would look after her . Now I'm in no mans land regarding her care needs , life with her is getting harder day by day . She doesn't get dressed ,doesn't wash , doesn't cook , a cuppa can be hit n miss , sometimes no teabag or milk or 2 teabags !! She's in her own bubble most of the time ,no conversation. We hit the toddler stage last couple of weeks, the answer is no to everything. We starting the process of carers coming on-board which is a minefield. Mum has savings and owns her own home . But life is never dull & laughter is our lifeline .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @shar22.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. It’s good that you’ve started the process re carers but I know how difficult all of that can be. I hope it goes well and you get some support soon.

I’m glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll find understanding and support here - and even some laughter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarySpindleberry