memory walk

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
I am doing the memory walk at Tunstall Park on September 15 the and am hoping to raise funds for the Alzheimer's Society and am on the lookout for sponsors and donations.please go on the just giving home page and put my name into find friends and click the link to memory walk and please donate. Remember every bit helps.
If you are already doing the walk then good luck if not please support someone who is.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
http://www.justgiving.com/ians-memory-walk1026
Sent from my Vodafone 975 using Talking Point mobile app

Hi Ian, I hope that you can benefit from some of the fund raising my family have done and also use Just Giving.

What we found really useful was to start with asking your family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances to donate, to leave you messages of support and confirmed donations.

It gives strangers to you, like us, the confidence to support your walk. On Just Giving whilst it is brilliant and we have raised thousands for my niece's cause CRY - Cardiac Risk in the Young, in order to be successful and to have people trust us, we had to have media coverage and evidence that we were fund raising in an genuine cause.

It breaks my heart to say that some people abuse fundraising and it makes it so much harder for the genuine people like us.

I see you have 2 £5 donations, it's not enough to give people faith in your fundraising. Go to family, friends, and people who know you to get them to contribute in funds and to your page. It will give strangers more confidence that you are genuine and they will be more likely to donate.

I would contact AS to see what they can suggest in terms of fundraising for them.

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
Hopefully as we get nearer the date more people will have pledged but have tried friends and relatives and posted on Facebook but so far not got much interest but will not give up hope

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Hopefully as we get nearer the date more people will have pledged but have tried friends and relatives and posted on Facebook but so far not got much interest but will not give up hope

If your family and friends aren't donating I am sad to say you will find it really hard to get strangers to donate. With no outside corroboration again it is hard to engender trust.

To donate to charities you have to trust the charity, currently there is very little to inspire that trust. We were "fortunate" to have media coverage, you will need to think about how to create that atmosphere of trust.

Currently individuals have to trust you as a person and not AS.

I have to be honest I'd give directly to AS..

cab

Aug 17, 2013
la la land
Good on you for doing this hun

have you thought about asking your local shops and businesses to see if they could help also your local paper

I do hope you raise lots of money as its certainly a worthy cause

keep us updated on your progress

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
The memory walk is an AS organised event so they are already involved but I appreciate the feedback I am getting and will keep updating with progress

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
With sponsor forms now up to £30 including just giving

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
10 days to go until the AS memory walk and the sponsor money is starting to come in.
Just giving slow but sponsor forms now up to £70 with more to come but still after more so please support myself or anybody doing the walk and let's raise more for Alzheimer's Society.

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
Are you at Tunstall if so look for the tan whippet I will be holding its lead. See you there

IanH64

Nov 25, 2011
Crewe UK
See you there and put me down i will give a fiver to you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokenlady