Memory Care Today

JoJoNo1

Nov 21, 2021
Today I visited my sweet husband at his Memory care home. After being with him, I get home and feel so sad and empty which are normal feelings. I typed on my computer feeling so sad after leaving a husband's visit at memory care, up came all kinds of comforting reads that lets me know I am not alone. This is a nice forum to find. I have a really full life with friends and my family but this still leaves a hole in my heart. We have to deal with the cards we are dealt with, I am trying hard but glad to find this forum. Bless all of you who are taking care of loved ones.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome from me too, @JoJoNo1. My partner is in hospital with a move to care planned as the next step, so I think I know how you feel. I'm glad you have found some comfort here and hope you will stick around for the support we give each other.

Bun

Oct 2, 2021
Welcome to the forum @JoJoNo1. I’m so glad you’ve found us. As you say - you are not alone here.
I visited my dear husband 2day. I am able to take him out, but he gets upset when I take him back, starts to cry. I have to leave him on the doorstep. If I could go in with him it may be easier, hopefully things will change soon. Hope your situation will get better in time, it's so hard.x

Bun

Oct 2, 2021
I visited my dear husband 2day. I am able to take him out, but he gets upset when I take him back, starts to cry. I have to leave him on the doorstep. If I could go in with him it may be easier, hopefully things will change soon. Hope your situation will get better in time, it's so hard.x