LPA DELIVERED

Rebby26

Jun 10, 2024
Hi,
I sent my dads lpa yesterday via first class signed for tracked etc and it has said it was signed for at 6:01am however there was no proof of picture that it had been delivered saying “it hadn’t been added or deleted” all it says was signed for by OPG.

Is it just me or do you think it sounds a bit iffy???

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hi @Rebby26 I'm not sure there's anything 'iffy' going on. I've recently been sending lots of paperwork/documents via tracked next day delivery and they've all arrived ok. They've all been sent to PO box addresses, like the OPG address is, so there's not been any photos taken.

Rebby26

Jun 10, 2024
Hi @Rebby26 I'm not sure there's anything 'iffy' going on. I've recently been sending lots of paperwork/documents via tracked next day delivery and they've all arrived ok. They've all been sent to PO box addresses, like the OPG address is, so there's not been any photos taken.
Hey thank you x

Last edited:

StressedDaughter

Jan 25, 2023
I also sent mine in ‘signed for’. Just a warning - it can take a few weeks to show as ‘received’ on the account online. I was convinced they had lost it!

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
I never got a photo when I sent off our LPAs to OPG. As others have said, it takes weeks for them to acknowledge it.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Why and where did you send the LPA?
Was this the original, or a copy?

Bod

GGR

Dec 2, 2022
Hi,
I sent my dads lpa yesterday via first class signed for tracked etc and it has said it was signed for at 6:01am however there was no proof of picture that it had been delivered saying “it hadn’t been added or deleted” all it says was signed for by OPG.

Is it just me or do you think it sounds a bit iffy???
Hi Robbie26, my daughter and I have had problems too , lpa sent back because of different reasons every time , said they never received it ,, it’s a real rip off.always sent tracked etc.
id really advise anyone to pay a solicitor to do it ,id rather pay them than the gove department ,I’ve already paid twice for one and once for the other , we started 6 months ago

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
We have recently had to send LPA's to Office of the Public Guardian. We have always sent them tracked and signed for. Checking online to see if they have been received shows they have been signed for.
When we had to phone them about a possible problem (that was a nightmare) we were advised that it would take 2 weeks for them to email us acknowledging receipt of the documents. They did eventually confirm over the phone that the documents had been received but were unable to help us further as they are dealt with in order of receipt.

Rebby26

Jun 10, 2024
B930BBD8-5D4E-449B-A96B-BA0F87A1401B.jpegI received this email today even though I sent via tracked and signed for and I saw online it was signed for. Do you think this is a general email they send until they ready to acknowledge they received it? (I only sent it last Wednesday). I know people here have said it takes weeks for them to acknowledge they have received it.

GGR

Dec 2, 2022
Maybe I’ve just received or rather my daughter has ,another letter saying lpa not received, luckily had p.O receipts and signature of received . I’ve had to pay £80 x3
it seems a bit of a racked to me , I’d advise anyone to go via a solicitor

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The 'real' daughter