Lost my lovely Mum.

Merideth

Mar 20, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Augusta,

My lovely Mum also died in hospital and yes, there was suffering. At the moment you may be thinking that is what you will remember. But the awfulness does wear off - it's there again when you think of it it's just after a period of time you don't think of it all the time. And you will think of the relationship. My sister and I tried to make Mum's funeral into a celebration of her life. And however raw and grief-stricken we were - yes, it was a celebration of Mum's life. I found also that a lot of people just didn't understand. But I understand.

Try to look after yourself now, the way you looked after your lovely Mum.

Merideth

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
Dear Augusta,
my thougts are with you. From my experience even if you are expecting it there is still such an enormous void when your mum dies.
Tre

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Augusta, please accept my condolences at this time. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing your mum is at peace now.

Very best wishes to you x

augusta

Nov 29, 2011
Thank you

Thanks to everyone who has replies to this thread,
I can't say I am feeling better, but starting to accept, and I would like to say what a help this site has been over the years as Mum got worse.
I came on here to see if what Mum was going through was 'normal' and it usually was.
We had a collection at Mums funeral for Alzheimers but I am hoping to do more in some way now that I have so much time on my hands that I don't want. I shall keep visiting the site to see if can offer advice or comfort.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMK