Left in limbo

Andykirk

Dec 27, 2021
hello i have been diagnosed with Alzimers for over two years now i have my scheduled memory text ,lat one was 72 this time i scored 90 the nurse looked at me and said i dont think you have alzimers i will take the results back and call you ,i never got the phone call yet the dementure career i see came the day after and told me she should not have been saying iam alzhimers free but should just taken the test results back ,our family is been left in limbo land if i have this or not >>??? it feels just like being told you have the deases for the first time all over again

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Andykirk sorry to hear that you seem to be getting mixed messages from the memory nurse, it's not good when things aren't made clear. Perhaps a call to your GP to ask about your test results will help?

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
hello i have been diagnosed with Alzimers for over two years now i have my scheduled memory text ,lat one was 72 this time i scored 90 the nurse looked at me and said i dont think you have alzimers i will take the results back and call you ,i never got the phone call yet the dementure career i see came the day after and told me she should not have been saying iam alzhimers free but should just taken the test results back ,our family is been left in limbo land if i have this or not >>??? it feels just like being told you have the deases for the first time all over again
I am sorry that this happened to you. Those tests are only an indicator and can be a bit dodgy when it comes to a diagnosis.

Certainly, the nurse had no right to get your hopes up and that must be awful for you.

I would contact your GP to discuss this to see how things stand for you. I assume your original diagnosis was made on the basis of considerable testing and that maybe a more reliable medical opinion for you.

Andykirk

Dec 27, 2021
I am sorry that this happened to you. Those tests are only an indicator and can be a bit dodgy when it comes to a diagnosis.

Certainly, the nurse had no right to get your hopes up and that must be awful for you.

I would contact your GP to discuss this to see how things stand for you. I assume your original diagnosis was made on the basis of considerable testing and that maybe a more reliable medical opinion for you.
i had my other scores which had been 78 and the last one 72 but this one at 90 the nurses was bouncing around the room saying i did not need there service ,and even with me sending a text to her asking why shes not been in contact , still no reply from her , my dementure carea i see every thursday said it was not for her to say this but to show the main specilitsts my score and for him to investagate it