Just wanted to say hello

Pendlemist

Dec 7, 2014
Hi to all on the forum, having had a brief look around it seems a great place to share and learn about dementia, in its many guises.
My mother had major surgery earlier this year and since then her memory has deteriorated greatly. She is in a care home at the moment, as I am disabled and Mum was unable to go back to her rented accommodation. The care given is excellent, in a small purpose built elderly mentally ill unit. I am a retired nurse, having spent many years caring for the elderly, both physically and mentally ill.
There has been no "formal" diagnosis, as the GP, myself and the care team thought it would be too much for my Mum to go through a string of tests.
We see a stepped decline, sometimes very noticeable. She remembers me and my partner, but the lack of any conversation and a lost look is there, as if to say, there is something very wrong, but I don't know what. Anyway, we will chat more I am certain, I just wanted to say hello.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hello Pendlemist and welcome to Talking Point,I am pleased your mum is settled in a nice CH it must make all the difference, This is a good forum for advice and support,

Best wishes, Jeany x

barny

Jan 20, 2006
Herts
Hello to you too. TP is a great place for help and advice. I hope you find as useful as I have. Welcome

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
A warm welcome from me too, Pendlemist, although I'm sad to hear about your mum. I hope you find the forum as supportive and friendly as I do - it's a great place to come for advice or to let off steam xx

Pendlemist

Dec 7, 2014
Thank you for your kindly welcomes, I am sure I will find the forum supportive and mutually helpful. x