Just starting on this ride...

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Not daft, not ungrateful at all! If it was me I would want to know NOW!

I actually think you're being very patient. Please do post again after your next appointment.

Eogz

Sep 9, 2021
I had some very good news today.
I attended the Neuropsychology appointment, 1 of 3 for testing and a report.
The Neuropsychologist confirmed my scan results, which showed nothing. No atrophy.
So it looks like my issues are unlikely to be caused by a form of Dementia.
I'm sticking with the memory service as they are going to rule out a few more things, but this may mean a referral onwards.
I was kind of ready for some bad news so this comes as a great relief, yes I'm no nearer getting answers but it could be so much worse.
Thanks everyone for your kind words, advice and support during this, it really helped to voice my concerns and worries. Especially when I couldn't worry my partner.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
What great news @Eogz , must be a weight off your mind .please keep us posted , wondering how you got on today.

Edit to say : hopefully you get some answers soon , I know you still have other tests etc but ruling out Dementia is a huge plus .

Eogz

Sep 9, 2021
Hi,
Yes, I'll keep updating, the process of this is interesting enough for me, I hope so for others on the forum too.
It's the knowing something is wrong that is the odd thing, half the time you feel like a whinge and the other half impatient to know what it is, so that you can do something about it.
Thanks again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey