Just joined

Dotty1947

Mar 2, 2024
Hello. My husband has mixed dementia. Alzheimers and vascular. I feel very lonely sometimes and so I thought that I would join.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, I joined for the same reason...12 years ago and although my wife has now passed away I still post, take care. K

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Dotty1947 and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. Caring for a person with dementia can be lonely. I hope that by joining you will feel supported and less isolated.
You might find it useful to start a thread on the - I have a partner with dementia - area. There you could tell us more about yourself, ask any questions you may have or just join in with any conversations.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @Dotty1947.

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband and that you’re feeling so lonely. You’ve come to the right place for understanding and support. I hope that being a member of this forum will go some way to help you feel less lonely.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Just to say welcome @Dotty1947 to this friendly and supportive forum from me also.
I am sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis. I do appreciate how lonely you must feel sometimes. This forum us really a great place for support and understanding, which I too hope makes you feel less isolated.
Some members find it helps just putting things down on here sometimes. Members really do understand and want to help.

Dotty1947

Mar 2, 2024
Just to say welcome @Dotty1947 to this friendly and supportive forum from me also.
I am sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis. I do appreciate how lonely you must feel sometimes. This forum us really a great place for support and understanding, which I too hope makes you feel less isolated.
Some members find it helps just putting things down on here sometimes. Members really do understand and want to help.
Thank you for your welcome message. I look forward to communicating with like minded people.