Just getting things off my chest really!

JoannePat

Jan 24, 2019
Hi all,

As the festive time races up towards us, our worries and heart ache doesn't stop. Our frown lines won't go, they will just slightly fade, as we watch our loved ones (if you are allowed to meet up), open there presents and enjoy all the wonderful food we have prepared for them.

For those of us with loved ones in care homes we will miss seeing their smiles, although some of us get to window visit.

I was lucky last week. My mums care home allowed me and my dad to visit her if we took the 15 minute COVID test. We did, tested negative and were allowed to see my mum in a private area, away from all other clients.

I can't get her face out of my thoughts. She had that really haunted look. She has lost so much weight that her teeth look too big for her mouth. Her eyes have gone a flat grey colour, they were always such a sparkly blue. She has a smell, oh bloody hell, I hate saying that. I know she is being so well looked after and her blankets and clothes are clean, but she just had this smell.

My dad did his usual, he just sat there. He doesn't know how to interact with her. Because she can't answer or show any animation, he doesn't know what to say. i just prattle on about any old stuff! From who is going to win strictly to the weather!

I think this may have been the worst visit we have had, that haunted look will stay with me. I feel that it might have been the last time I will see her.

Thank you is you have taken time to read this post,

Sending you all wishes for a peaceful and relaxed Christmas and a very happy 2021!

Jxxx

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
That is so disturbing. We want our loved ones to be clean, safe and cared for and anything less is worrying. Did she seem unhappy or just distant?

JoannePat

Jan 24, 2019
Thank you @marionq for your answer. Because she has shows no emotion, has no speech and her motor skills have now gone it is quite difficult to judge. We couldn't want for better care.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey