Isolation and finding support online, Jan and David's story - Podcast, June 2013

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
This month’s Alzheimer's Society podcast tells the story of one of Talking Point's wonderful volunteer moderators, Jan, and her husband David.

Jan felt isolated after she became a carer for David, but she found a new network of online friends with whom she could share her experiences and ask for advice, when her GP directed her to Talking Point.

Click here to listen to Jan's story.

A big thank you to Jan for taking the time to help us with this podcast, and for sharing your memories and photographs. :)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
You were excellent, Jan. How well you covered all aspects of TP and how much it helps on various levels. Thank you.

Loo x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Jan.

There was a lot of information in such a short piece and the photos brought it to life.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Fabulous Jan. You got your and David's story across in way that anyone, whether they were acquainted with dementia or not, could relate to.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Perfect Jan. You got over exactly what is important about the forum. Well done. xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

I think you were marvellously clear which is something you are very good at. I loved the photos.

One of the wonderful things about this podcast is that David's life with dementia is still being valued. I imagine he would be delighted to have his life story be of help to others in distress as that was very much what David was about. You have done him justice Jan and I hope you are very pleased. It is a wonderful achievement:)

Love