Intro

StuBabyNo1

Apr 15, 2024
Hi I'm Stu, i hooe all are well 👍🏻. I have moral dilemma.......the last time Age UK organised someone to visit my mother, they treated my mum so badly that my aunt who was staying here at the time, had to throw them out. I was living elsewhere so my aunt was staying to help out. Now though..that I'm Mum's full time carer, I need visits from the charity again, just so I can occasionally leave the house. I just hope my local support team have had staff changes.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @StuBabyNo1 and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. Sorry to hear about the problem you had when trying to get some respite for yourself previously. Did you or your aunt contact the charity at the time to raise your concerns? They may well have changed staff since then, but perhaps you could stay for a while during their next visit so that you can see how the person is getting on with your mum? As you are now a full time carer for your mum it may also be a good idea to contact your local authority adult support care team to request a carers assessment as there may be other support options available locally. It's really important to get some time for yourself if you can, and the link below may also be helpful for finding local support. You will also find friendly support here too from people who understand.