Incontinence taking off pads himself before he goes

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Trying to manage double incontinence myself at home with carers.
Dad has carers who put on a secure night pad with tapes and tena fix netty like pants under his PJs.
Most nights he has ripped off all of these so I find them dry if I am lucky round his feet or on the floor while Dad is lying in bed soaked in urine which has seeped up to his vest , PJ top and jumper.
Yesterday I only left him unattended for half an hour after the carers left and came home finding him sitting in a pile of poop, the sloppy sort which had smothered all his clothes and chair (well protected she says with relief) .
Nurse is hoping a convene might help but not convinced he will keep it on at night, or whether he will even be able to start with perpetual UTIs. Any practical suggestions welcome. please:(

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I can sympathise - I'm going through the double-incontinent stage at the moment too. Have you tried pull up pants rather than pads? I started Mum on these as I knew that using pads would be a problem and they'd end up where I didn't want them!

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Hi Louise
Thanks for suggestion but tried those first and they were ripped off straight away :(

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks for the straw but I know the response- he would rip it off or yell none stop until I caved in. :(

Badger8496

Apr 18, 2017
West Lothian, Scotland
Selinacroft, how awful for you. I had problems like this for a while but my hub wears a urinary catheter. As far as poop goes for me that is just a no no. I tried dealing with it but can only gag or be sick. Pathetic I know but that was the way of it. Maybe changing mealtimes so that your Dad goes closer to the morning call. My hub is physically disabled so cannot move. For a while tho he found the pads uncomfortable. He now has big nappy type ones that fasten with a Velcro and things have settled down. Hub used to scratch his underneath area before he lost the use of his hands and I went to soc wrkr to find out about onesie pyjamas but was told they are considered a restraint and not to be used.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

PianoMike

Mar 18, 2017
Hull
Im in exactly the same situation. I'm still looking for solutions. It would be bliss if my dad would just allow me to change him when he makes his mess, but morr offen than not, he fights me off.

Best wishes