I think not all but some deputies abuse they authority when they become a deputy for a mentally incapacitated person who has a mental health assessmen

gorgeous scorpion

Jul 20, 2023
They are supposed to receive free care under NHS continuing Healthcare under NHS healthcare act 2006 and mental health act 2005.
This system is open to abuse because it depends on who carries out the assessment.
Ask Ur healthcare authority for information.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I agree that the panel making the decision on Continuing Health Care (CHC) is not always as impartial as it should be. And it is disappointing that the bar for qualifying for CHC is set so high that very few people with dementia are eligible. But I dont understand what you think this has got to do with people who have been appointed by the Court of Protection to be deputy for someone with dementia. I had deputyship for my mum and it had nothing to do with making decisions about CHC

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
No one is ''supposed to recieve'' CHC funding- some do ,most dont.

Its a funding that very few manage secure and very often, only atthe end of life.
Not sure what it has to do with a deputy, who manages a persons money

Deputies have to submit financial reports to court of protection, and questions are aske if money isntused appropriately

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teritaz333