I am here because I need help

arpan7004

Feb 21, 2016
Kolkata,West Bengal,India
Hi everyone,
Hope this finds everyone well.
I am from India. My mum is 66 years old and she is showing signs that she is forgetting things. My grandma (her mum) also had dementia and it deteriorated pretty fast. I am afraid the same thing might happen to her. I dont know how to give her the required care and what doctors to reach out to.
Please share some resources.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome @arpan7004

I'm sorry to read about your circumstances but can assure you that you will be helped here.

If you click on the following link you should find the full list of the Society publications and I hope they are of assistance

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @arpan7004 and welcome to the forum. The Dementia Support Forum is based in the UK so our information mainly relates to the services and help that are UK based. However dementia is the same the world over and I hope that you will find the above links useful.
I am also attaching a link to some information related specifically to India which I hope may be useful. Finally I would suggest that you also speak to your mum's doctor to discuss your concerns. I hope that this is of use to you.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @arpan7004 and welcome to this Dementia Support Forum from me also. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.
I am sorry to read why you are here, but please do be assured you will always find understanding and sound advice from members that really want to help.