How much does it cost to be trnsported to respite via ambulance in England ?

Ellaroo

Nov 16, 2015
Liverpool
My friends mum who is in late stage of lewi body dementia will be going to respite next month. She has savings over £24 k so is paying full cost. Her mother has been on an airflow hospital matress in living room for over 4 yrs and cannot travel by car.
My froend has been told she has to pay for ambulance as its not an emergency.
Has anybody any idea how much a ten minute car journey would cost. How could my friend find out .

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you Google Liverpool private ambulance there are several firms listed, you could ring and ask for a few quotes, it might be cheaper if your friend can accompany her mum meaning that the firm do not have to provided an attendant.

If a wheel chair is available, and her mum would be OK in it, a wheelchair taxi could be cost effective.

Pegsdaughter

Oct 7, 2014
London
Try the Red Cross they are able to transport patients to and from respite in some areas

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
St John's Ambulance service may do it, see link
"With our dedicated fleet of over 900 vehicles nationwide, we provide a patient transport service to those unable to use public or other transport due to bespoke medical conditions.
Non-emergency transport service We can assist with a wide range of journeys, from planned hospital appointments to a move into a new property.
We can also provide high dependency transport where our teams provide enhanced clinical care during inter-hospital transfers."

St John Ambulance
Address: Edgar St, Liverpool L69 3RB
Phone:0844 770 4800
Hours: Open today · 8:30am–5:30pm
K

https://www.sja.org.uk/sja/what-we-do/ambulance-services/patient-transport-service.aspx

Ellaroo

Nov 16, 2015
Liverpool
Thanks for prompt replies will tell my friend tomorrow . Think mum is too flexed for wheel,chair to be comfortable though.
The forum is a mone of information , youve only got to ask x