Hospital appointment

Scrimjay

Mar 31, 2019
Hi there,

I care for my husband, who has dementia and just the 2 of us are in the house, more or less self isolating. However, I broke my ankle a few weeks ago and am now due to have the plaster off on Friday 17th April. I have 2 issues:

1 - Not exactly sure who is giving me a lift. Have tried asking hosp if I could be seen at the local hospital, instead of having to travel 30 miles, but they said i couldn't- perhaps I didn't explain my situation sufficiently.

2- Very worried about attending hospital and then bringing the virus home with me. I can't self isolate myself, as I'm caring solely for my husband. (our daughter lives locally & could possibly help with something- but not sure if this allowed)

I really need advice on this and don't know who to ask! Can anyone suggest anything?

Max68

Aug 21, 2018
Sussex
Sorry no one has replied to you. Not much help but I would certainly contact your GP if at all possible and aske their opinion.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I would ring the hospital dept and tell them your situation and see what they advise , there are volunteers that would take you to hospital so daughter could stay with your husband but not sure how that would help with self isolating , see what hospital or gp suggest .

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I don't think there is any alternative to contacting the hospital again and telling them what you have told us.

The ankle is a complicated joint which may be why your local hospital can't do the job.

The hospital will know their situation in relation to exposure to the virus.

Scrimjay

Mar 31, 2019
Thanks for your replies. I thought it would be ok at first, but the closer it gets to the date, the more anxious I'm getting! I'll try the hospital again on Tues morning. I think the voluntary transport service has been suspended. I might be able to find someone to take me, but don't want to put them at risk either!

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Thanks for your replies. I thought it would be ok at first, but the closer it gets to the date, the more anxious I'm getting! I'll try the hospital again on Tues morning. I think the voluntary transport service has been suspended. I might be able to find someone to take me, but don't want to put them at risk either!

Contacting the hospital does sound the best idea. You can't be the only person with this sort of problem at the moment. If you're feeling anxious, perhaps write down what you want to say and everything you need to find out now and have it to hand when you contact them. It often helps to write things down and get them out of your head!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ME AND MOM