Hi there

Betty74

Apr 4, 2024
Hi there, I'm currently helping Dad find a care facility for Mum and just reaching out for some support from others with similar experiences

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Only about a trillion others on here, UK and without asking for an address or postcode roughly where. Site rules forbid specific recommends as I understand it on the public site. The site moderators will no doubt advise.
K

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Betty74 welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. My mum is in a care home and it can be difficult to find the right one, offering the right level of care, so you may need to contact and visit several before making a decision. Care homes would usually want to conduct an assessment of the person themselves before agreeing to a placement but you may find this booklet about choosing a care home for someone with dementia a useful starting point:

If you are in the UK this site is also useful in terms of being able to search for specific types of care homes in specific areas:

Hope this helps, but if you have any questions please just ask as there is a lot of shared experience here and people are happy to offer support and advice if they can.