Hi is there anyone on here who would like to buddy up & chat? I was diagnosed with bvFTD a few years ago & im doing well so happy to support others ?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello again @PJ.

This isn't a 'proper' reply to your thread - I just noticed your post and wanted to say that I'm glad that you are doing well. The last time we exchanged posts was around the time you were going through the process of diagnosis.

My wife's dementia has continued to progress but it's at a slow enough pace so we are 'hanging in there', as the saying goes.

I hope your husband is doing well too.:)

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hello again @PJ.

This isn't a 'proper' reply to your thread - I just noticed your post and wanted to say that I'm glad that you are doing well. The last time we exchanged posts was around the time you were going through the process of diagnosis.

My wife's dementia has continued to progress but it's at a slow enough pace so we are 'hanging in there', as the saying goes.

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hello again @PJ.

Hello Pete ? so lovely to hear you & your wife are doing good., it’s been a long time since we’ve spoke but I do remember you being so helpful & positive.
Yes my hubby is fine too thanks, he’s my absolute rock ❤️

Carer for mum

Oct 24, 2021
My mum has this and i would be interested in activities you do. Mum has lost all interest in anything like knitting, wordsearches, colouring in.
also are you on any specific meds

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi PJ. I think I may have replied to your previous threads I’ve been member on TP since March 2005 my main subject is driving with dementia but unfortunately in majority of cases the person with the dementia doesn’t see or read my replies so probably its been16 years wasting my time trying help :D:D or support them
with regards to your FTD just briefly I was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 1999 and FTD in 2003 after PET & SPECT brain scans and still dancing on nicely thankyou so not a problem for me

I will offer one bit of advice and thats stay Positive :D keep control of your own destiny listen to advice But make your own decisions , and dont worry about others let them worry if they want :):)

Last edited:

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
My mum has this and i would be interested in activities you do. Mum has lost all interest in anything like knitting, wordsearches, colouring in.
also are you on any specific meds
Hi Carer for mum, my husband was diagnosed with BvFtd in august at the age of 68.
It’s difficult to motivate him to do anything, even things that have been important to him his whole life often can’t motivate him into action. Recently he even refused to attend our 2 year old grandson’s birthday celebration. He spends the day in front of the tv and searching the internet.
He has no interest in social activity, that isn’t arranged for him and brought to him.
Today is his 69th birthday, I arranged for friends to come for afternoon tea, he sat with us for a while but really he didn’t engage.

unique name

Nov 29, 2021
I am interested in chatting with others as well, I'm not sure how to do that though. Anybody else happens out there who is awake most of the night?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I am interested in chatting with others as well, I'm not sure how to do that though. Anybody else happens out there who is awake most of the night?

Good morning @unique name and welcome to the forum.

The best way to chat with others is to look for the weekly Chat Thread. A new one is started every week and people pop into it to chat about anything - not necessarily dementia related -

If you want to chat about specific issues related to your own situation it might be best to begin your own thread - possibly in the same area of the forum that this thread is in -

People sometimes start threads in the Tea Room - this is an area where people can talk about anything at all - again, not necessarily dementia related -

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hola! I hope this will find you well.
Thank you for your time. I really understand “your langue”.
I too I’m on a daily journey with ‘memory issues’.
Thanks to a ‘Higher Power’ of my understanding, healthcare providers, loved ones & friends I could still drive & manage my finances.

I can’t forget to also be thankful for the ‘Fellowship meetings’ of “Dr. Bob & Bill W.” friends and AD meetings.

* The ‘Serenity Prayer’ is a great help for me on a daily basis.

“Easy does it / Don’t be stressed out, it’s a moment at a time / Baby steps”

I’m blessed today and now because I’m alive, I have fellowship with loved ones and friends.

My family and and I have a very special friend by the name of “chispi”, (she’s a two years old chihuahua).

** She’s a puppy ‘cookie’ enthusiast.

I can honestly say that pets are a Big blessing, indeed there’re therapeutic.

In closing, be safe, take care and may the ‘Higher Power’ of your understanding protect you and your loved ones.

“Felices” / Happy 24hrs.,

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27