Hi everyone! My name is Brandi. I exhausted and need some help with my mom

Brandilou744

Jan 30, 2024
Hi everyone. My name is Brandi and I take care of my mother that has dementia and Sundown Syndrome. She shattered her right leg Aug 31, 2023 trying to ride an exercise bike in the middle of the night. She's finally home after ICU and two surgeries and 40 days of skilled nursing. I have her living with my husband and myself. I stopped working to be here for her 24/7. I have a sister but she doesn't help out at all. When I ask for help or just call to talk her favorite thing is hire a care taker and she doesn't know what's she's doing it's the dementia. My mom is stuck on having a checkbook and debit card. I have an old card that's cancelled but I don't know where to get pretend checks that have her name on them. I don't know if it's illegal to do this or what. Can anyone please offer any suggestions?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Brandilou744

Could your mother be convinced cheque books are old fashioned now and people only use cards?

I found this on amazon but don`t know whether it would cause more trouble than it`s worth or would satisfy your mother.

I suppose it depends on the level of her dementia and mobility.