Help

nixsonbabe69

Mar 26, 2024
Hello everyone I am Edie I don't know what I have yet but have went to lots of sites for this . I hurt so bad in my hands they are swelling up and can't move them most of the time but I work long hours but do just about every thing by my pointing finger and middle finger on palm by knuckles I have a hard knot which is round and only them two fingers hurt very badly in must say . My doctor seems to think it's norropthy. But I have norropthy in my legs but it don't feel the same in my hands it feels like my joints and bones hurt I can use a cream called voltrain and it helps a lot but I am wanting to know what else would do this my pointing finger on my left hand hurts all the time like maybe it is my skin or something plz help me with this problem I hurt all of the time

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Edie Welcome.

I`m not sure this is the place for you. People who are worried about dementia do not complain about pain, especially when it is so severe.

I can only suggest you do back to your doctor and ask for strong pain relief yo see if it helps.

Good luck. I hope you get the help you need.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @nixsonbabe69

Along with a lot of other problems my OH has peripheral neuropathy - which is what I think you are saying that your doctor thinks you have. It causes lots of changes in what you can feel and how the joints can move because its the nerves that are affected.

The nerves can be affected in different ways, so it can cause different affects in your hands and in your feet. OH has the opposite problem to you - its his feet that the joint has locked so he has trouble moving his ankle. His hands have different problems. The sensation of pain is also very common with neuropathy

However, it may not be due to this, so it needs checking out. Go back to your doctor and make sure that he knows about this lump in your hand. Ask for a referral to either orthopaedics, or a neurologist, to find out what is happening to your hand